Our commercial partners (i.e. our on-premise and off-premise customers) are one of our most important stakeholder groups, as they understand their own consumer activity and have a clear idea of expectations from a partner like ourselves. With that in mind, we carried out a detailed qualitative stakeholder engagement review in 2014 to explore:
- Issues and expectations of the global brewing industry – now and in the future
- Issues facing customer stakeholders and opportunities for collaboration
- Perceptions of Molson Coors – performance and importance assessment
And use this output to:
- Integrate feedback into business practices to drive performance improvements
- Set long term corporate responsibility priorities and targets
- Enhance the company's reputation for accountability and transparency in corporate responsibility
Please see the independent commentary and recommendation from the review.
The 2014 review found that our current corporate responsibility priorities are closely aligned to stakeholders' views and address the company's material issues. Using the review findings, we have conducted a materiality assessment to identify the issues of greatest importance to our stakeholders and that have the largest impact for the company (3-5 years period). We set annual targets for our priority areas and report against our progress externally and to our leadership and board.
We have identified our top environmental and social issues as:
- Water Risk
- Packaging and Waste
- Energy and Carbon
- Alcohol Responsibility
- Responsible Sourcing
- Employee Engagement
We explain why these issues are material for us in Top Material Issues.